Assistant Manager and Assistant Program Manager – HKUST Dean of Students’ Office
Job Post Date
- Job ID : 9335
- The Dean of Students’ Office is looking for an open-minded and committed individual to join as Assistant Manager (Co-curricular Programs) and Assistant Program Manager (HKUST Connect) to develop community engagement and co-curricular programs and provide advising support to HKUST students.
- Direct interface with community organizations, students and internal offices / departments is required. Key responsibilities of the appointee include planning and implementing student development programs for community engagement
- Coaching and advising student experiential/service learning projects; developing and maintaining sustainable partnership with NGOs and social enterprises
- Designing and facilitating training; and performing other duties as assigned by the Office.
- Working outside normal office hours and traveling outside Hong Kong are required.
Job Requirement :
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Social Work, Social Science or related disciplines, with at least 5 years’ post-qualification work experience.
- Registered Social Worker or candidates with professional training are preferred.
- The appointee should be proactive, a good team player who possesses strong problem-solving, multi-tasking and project management skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a student-centric growth mindset.
- Experience working with the youth or in the area of teaching and learning program development will be a plus.
- Competency in the use of office productivity applications and excellent language skills (English, Cantonese and Putonghua) are required. (Duration: 2 years, renewable)
- More information about the office is available at https://connect.hkust.edu.hk and https://dst.hkust.edu.hk
- (Those who applied in the Job ID 9214 need not re-apply.)
- Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits including annual leave, medical and dental benefits will be provided. A gratuity will be payable upon successful completion of contract.
- Application Procedure
- In support of a green work environment, we accept applications submitted online only. To apply, please complete an online application form through the HKUST Careers website ( https://hkustcareers.ust.hk ) and return it online to the Human Resources Office. Review of applications will begin on 13 November 2023 and continue until the position is filled. Applicants will receive an acknowledgement by email upon successful submission. We thank applicants for their interest, but advise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the result of the application.
- (Information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. Applicants should read the Personal Information Collection Statement ( https://hro.hkust.edu.hk/rcpics ) before submission of application.)
- HKUST is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to our core values of inclusiveness, diversity, and respect.
Job Category: assistant manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Clear Water Bay